Required Info for quoting a Material Handling Blender
Novatec, Inc. is the largest U.S. based manufacturer of resin dryers for the plastics industry. Novatec is a family of plastics material handling equipment which consists of Plastics Drying, Plastics Conveying and Plastics Blenders with Downstream Extrusion Products to design and install complete Central Plastics Drying and Conveying Systems.
We will need this information to complete a quote for your Material Handling Blender. Below we’ve explained why we need each piece of information and why it is helpful.
Virgin Material Type (or regrind)
- It is helpful for us to understand the material type so we can understand the flow characteristics and bulk density properties. We also need to understand if you are using regrind. This will affect what kind of valve gates we use to add material into the weigh scales
- Allows us to understand the flow characteristics as well as how much room the material will take up in the hopper. If the flow rate is high, we may need a larger sized hopper.
Total throughput rate (pounds per hour)
- Based on the total throughput rate and the percentages, we are able to understand the requirements of the blender and can provide the best solution.
Number of components being blended?
- This helps us to determine which model blender to start with.
Blender Component 1 – VIRGIN
Blender Component 1, percentage (%) –
Blender Component 2 (regrind OR color) –
- It is important for us to understand if you plan to use regrind in the blender and what kind of material regrind you will be using. This helps us understand flow characteristics as well as valve gate design.
Blender Component 2, percentage (%) –
Blender Component 3 (regrind OR color) –
Blender Component 3, percentage (%) –
Machine mount or floor stand mount?
- This changes the model number slightly and helps us understand if we need to quote a floor stand and take-off box.
Will you need a loader for the unit? (usually compressed air)
- This helps us understand if we need to quote a loader for the blender hoppers. As well as if you need a loader for the throat (or site glass) if the blender is going to be on a floor stand.
If floor-stand mount, will you need casters?
- This helps us understand how to configure your floor stand configuration.
If floor-stand mount, are you using existing materials lines, and what size?
- This helps us understand what line size to make our take-off box and/or wand with flex hose.